The Yamaha DTX900K is an electronic drum set produced by Yamaha Drums a subsidiary of Yamaha Corporation an international business conglomerate. For more info on the Yamaha Drum brand visit the Yamaha Drums page. The DTX900K is part of Yamaha’s most high end series of electronic drum sets and features some of the latest digital sound technology.
Driving the entire kit is the high performance DTX900 electronic drum trigger module with 1,115 drum and percussion sounds and 211 MOTIF GM melody voices. The DTX 900 module also features 50 realistic and unique preloaded drum kits, 50 user kits, plus the ability to add 1584 custom kits through an external USB storage device.
The DTX900K includes a full set of DTX-PADS including an updated kick pad with reinforced head. The 12 inch XP120S Snare and 10 inch XP100T Tom Pads features 3 zone sound for TCS realistic head strikes as well as open and cross-stick rim shots.
Yamaha DTX900K Drum Set Features & Specifications
- Yamaha DTX900 Series Drum Trigger Module
- Large 12-inch XP120S DTX Snare Pad
- Three 10-inch XP100T Tom Pads (Full 3-Zone)
- Textured Cellular Silicone (TCS) Heads
- RS130 Aluminium Rack System with Fully Adjustable Ball Clamps
- Shock-absorbing DTX-PAD mounting structure
- Matte Chrome Finished Hoops for Power and Appearance
- Updated Kick Pad with Strengthened Head
- 1,115 Preset Drum Voices & 211 Melody Voices
- Genuine Open / Close Hi-Hat Triggers with HS740A Stand
- Measure Break, Groove Check & Rhythm Gate Training Functions
- 3 Demo Songs, 44 Practice, 40 Pad and 50 Users Songs
- 50 Preset Kits, 50 User Kits – External ROM 1584 Kits
Yamaha DTX900K Electronic Drum Set Review & Price
At $4,300 for the entire kit, the DTX900K electronic drum set is a high end professional setup that is not cheap. That being said the drummer looking for a comprehensive electronic set that can be used for practice, studio or live performance will find the total package with the DTX900K model.
Have anything to add let us know below…